Ribbon Cutting Request
The Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce will provide a Ribbon Cutting ceremony for any member business that has opened, moved, or extensively remodeled within the previous 6 months. This is a free service available only to chamber members in good standing and with a business located in Solano County.
Advantages of Hosting a Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening:
- The ability to make potential customers aware of your new business or location.
- Opportunities to attract potential clients or customers into your place of business.
- The potential to build face-to-face relationships with area businesspeople.
Chamber Staff Responsibilities:
- Advertise your Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening in our Chamber E-newsletter and social media.
- Invite appropriate city officials and media.
- Attend the event, take photos, and film a Facebook Live or recording of the ribbon-cutting.
To Make the Event More Successful, We Suggest You Take the Following Steps:
- Choose a date that avoids major conflict with community events or holidays. Weekdays work better than weekends. Remember, this is a photo opportunity that will be sent to the newspapers so the actual day of the week does not matter so much.
- Give yourself plenty of preparation time; three to four weeks is sufficient.
- Morning events should start no earlier than 9:30 a.m. as a general rule.
- Avoid late evening functions where people will have to go home between the end of their workday and your event.
Who you invite to your event is as important as hosting the event. Your invitations, if you have them, may be as simple as an e-mail or as elaborate as a formal invitation. Be sure to include the who, what, where, why, and when as well as a RSVP method to help plan accordingly for food and beverage.
The following are suggestions of people to consider when creating your invitation list:
- Current and potential customers
- Family and Friends
- Your employees and their guests
- Those that helped you get started: The banker, accountant, builder, etc.
- Neighboring business people
Providing time-appropriate refreshments is well received. For example, during a morning event it is nice to offer coffee, juice, bagels or fruit. You may have as much or a little refreshments as you wish as this is your event! If you need assistance with a caterer, the Chamber will provide assistance.
Program Planning: These are all suggestions for a successful ribbon cutting. Again, this is your event!
- Create an event agenda. A brief program adds focus to the event. It provides not only valuable recognition for you and your key people, but it makes the event more purposeful and permits you the opportunity to explain more about your business.
- You may want to give the attendees a tour of your facility as well as have key people speak for a moment. County or town officials may want to say a few words of welcome to you and your new business.
- The ribbon cutting ceremony is usually conducted at the beginning of the program; after all of the officials have arrived. This is a good photo opportunity for you so think ahead as to whom you would like to have in the photo.
- Have plenty of information handy on your business if your business cards and brochures are ready. It would also be appropriate to have “giveaways” if you wish but this is optional.
- You might also consider some sort of drawing, especially if your business is service oriented. Winning a gift card or sample of your product or services can add to the festivities.
By submitting this form, you have read and agreed to the guidelines listed above.