• Accountable for all projects, repairs and /or improvements on the line as well as any mold changes and maintaining preventative maintenance.
• Recommend, plan, repair, modify, and fabricate any necessary elements following a problem or a project, which may have an effect on the productivity.
• Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment.
• Communicate to the supervisor on the condition of all production equipment.
• Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation commissioning and testing of equipment.
• Assist plant electrician investigate any electrical related problems.
• Flexible-if Over Time is required and covering for vacation.
• Ensuring the Hazemat area is kept clean and waste material is properly disposed of.
• Ensuring the PM cart is stocked and organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize own work within the schedules in the most effective and economical way.
• Provincial/Industrial mechanic certification.
• Knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic
• Have basic knowledge in electricity and control.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Breaks will be the only time you will have an opportunity to sit.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to lift, bend and twist repetitively during the shift.
• Must wear safety equipment, personal protective equipment, as required in the area or to perform specific job duties.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.