The Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit that incorporates mission-driven businesses and government to serve and enhance the community and its well-being. Through advocacy, events, and networking programs, the Chamber serves as a catalyst for our region's business success. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in Fairfield and Suisun City. Below are our job openings.
President and Chief Executive Officer
The Chamber Executive Officer (CEO) coordinates and implements the many activities of the Chamber of Commerce, working under the direction and policy guidelines of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. The CEO coordinates/delegates the activities of the Advocacy Council, the North Texas Street Association, and other committees and supervises the work of the staff of these various entities in the pursuit of the Chamber's objectives. As the chief officer, the CEO will be called upon to represent the Chamber Board of Directors and Officers in contact with the membership, with outside individuals, public agencies and officials, various organizations and groups, and with the general public, all requiring judgment and tact to foster good community/chamber relations. The CEO reports directly to the Executive Committee, and more broadly to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for assuring that membership recruitment and retention plan is in place. This may be accomplished by directing and participating in a sales program and working with the appropriate people to ensure adequate membership services.
- Acquaints themselves with as many members as possible, familiarity with their business goals and problems, for the purpose of maintaining good membership relations, stimulating communications within the business community, identifying common goals and problems to which the Chamber should address itself, and identifying people who may contribute time and resources to Chamber programs.
- Maintains current statistics and familiarity of the economy of the area, both inside and outside the Chamber membership.
- Maintain and continue good relationships with the City of Fairfield, City of Suisun City, Solano County, California, federal governments and their elected officials and staff, as well as the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District, Travis Unified School District, Solano County Office of Education, and Travis Air Force Base.
- Maintains a high level of communication among the Chamber officers, directors, staff, committees, and members as well as between the Chamber and the general public.
- Coordinates the activities of the Chamber committees, with the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and provides necessary staff assistance.
- Oversees all staff activities of the Chamber including the hiring and discharge of employees.
- Prepares and implements an annual budget for the Chamber and coordinates expenditures consistent with the budget, which is presented annually to the Executive Committee.
- Reports to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, on a monthly basis, the current status of the membership and finances.
- Informs the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of various problem areas and activities throughout the community that may affect the business sector.
- Oversees all Chamber publications, marketing, partnerships, and generally manages the chamber’s public image.
- Oversees the Chamber’s legislative and advocacy activity, strongly advocating for the wellbeing and interests of the membership at every level of government.
- Serves on local and regional boards, committees, and other entities that further the interests of the chamber.
- Other duties may be required.
- Balancing the financial needs of the organization
- Fundraising/Fund Development
- Event planning
- Politically astute
- Membership growth
- Cultivating relationships
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends/Evening at times
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- WACE Academy Graduate (Preferred)
Valid California Driver’s License.
A minimum of 10 years of successful experience in executive management and leadership positions within the private, public, or nonprofit sectors demonstrating progressively greater responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume to our Board Chair Andrea Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org.